Wednesday, June 20, 2012

What Color Are Circles?

Last night my household got in quite a heated discussion about  what color circles are, in their abstract form.  I know Kandinsky had something to say about this, but I can't remember what he thought right at the moment.  We each thought circles were a different color, a different primary color, which I found very interesting.  This sparked the start of my next painting, which is an abstract.


It doesn't feel complete to me now, so I think it's still a work in progress, although I'm not really sure what to do with it next.  It sort of reminds me of outer space and planets, although I had no intentions when I started.  Just painting colored circles.

We didn't agree on the color for squares or triangles either...

2 comments:

  1. Obviously... Circles should be yellow, just like the sun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sun is a yellow STAR. The Earth is a circular BLUE planet.... obviously.

    ReplyDelete