Friday, June 15, 2012

A Different Composition


I liked the composition from the last painting, so I decided I would try it again, with the dark background on the left side and the big eyes.  I'm not entirely satisfied with this composition.  I wish I could have fit more of the cat's chin into the painting.  Maybe it's time to start playing with a square format.

You probably can't tell from the picture, but the eyes actually glow.  They were done with a sort of special iridescent paint.  The eyes and the background are my favorite parts of this painting.  I especially like the soft edges and how you can't really tell where the cat's face ends and the background starts.  It's really more interesting to see it in real life, because you can't see all of the details and strange things the paint did on this one from the photo.

This was day 26 of my cat series.

No comments:

Post a Comment