Friday, June 22, 2012

Drawing Cats in Bed

It was getting late last night, I was tired and just wanted to go to bed but I hadn't done any art for the day yet and I really wanted to keep my chain going.  I remembered something in Carla Sonheim's wonderful book Drawing Lab For Mixed-Media Artists.

Lab 1 is called Draw Cats in Bed.  This sounded just about perfect to me.  I like cats, I like drawing and I like my bed.  So here it is.

Cats in Bed
9x12" sketch with ink

Some of the cats are drawn with my left hand and some with my non-dominant right hand.  Some of the cats are hiding in the negative shapes between other cats.  I thought it was sort of funny, like a puzzle, how that happened, unplanned, quite a bit.

This book has a lot of fun ideas and I look forward to exploring it more and sharing my drawing experiments with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment