Sunday, June 17, 2012

An Art Filled Day

Yesterday was a very art-full day for me.

I had been looking forward to the Artists' Garage sale since I heard about it coming up.  I was hoping to pick up some needed art supplies.  I got up early and drove up to Everett.  I got there a little before the Schack Art Center opened, so I hung out with my friend Vincent Van Gogh on the sidewalk out front and checked out the outside vendors.


There were a LOT of people who came to check out what sort of treasures artists have in their garages, so getting through the building was nearly impossible.  I didn't see many supplies there, but I did pick up a big pile of Cloth Paper Scissors back issues.  I love that magazine!  They have so many great ideas for things to try.  I stayed up until after 11 last night just skimming through them and now have many ideas for new projects.

This weekend is also the Edmond's Arts Festival.  The whole family enjoyed spending the afternoon enjoying arts and crafts.

There was so much amazing art there done by professional artists, but one of my favorite things in the whole festival was this little masterpiece, titled "Rainbow Face", done by a 2nd grader!


I don't know the artist, but I find this work of art most fascinating.  It is so colorful and bold.  Kids aren't afraid of anything in art making.  I hope she will continue to make art.

One of Richard and Andy's favorite things of the festival were fountains made with musical instruments (saxophones) and all sorts of other things.  Here's a photo of them checking out one of these fountains.


Afterwards we stopped at Baskin Robbins and had ice cream cones.  

Of course there was also a cat watercolor painting done as well, to continue my chain.  This one is day 28, so after 2 more I can switch to something else.  Hmmm.... what will it be?




No comments:

Post a Comment