Sunday, June 3, 2012

Crochet Cat #1

I've been having lots of fun with my watercolor paintings of cats, but was starting to miss not crocheting for a while.  Andy determined that I can still earn my sticker for the day as long as I make some sort of a cat every day for the first 30 days.  It doesn't have to necessarily be a painting.

Woo hoo!  Okay... So I decided I would make a cat out of crochet instead of a painting.  I headed off to my two favorite rhyming name stores-- Hobby Lobby and Creation Station for some needed materials.  It's always hard doing something for the first time, but I'm happy with how this cat turned out for being the prototype.  I'm trying to decide if it should have 2 more paws, and if so if they should go behind the ones there, near the tail, or on the torso, like the cat is standing on it's hind legs.  I even made the paws, but couldn't decide.  What do you think?




Today I went to my favorite thrift store with my son and we picked out a pile of sweaters.  I'm going to do an experiment and unravel them to see what sort of yarn I get.  I love playing with fibers!  Hopefully it will be a fun way to get materials for more dolls for the future!




No comments:

Post a Comment