Thursday, June 7, 2012

Cyan Cat

So last night as I was tucking my 11-year-old son into bed, I asked him what color cat I should paint next. His reply was "a cyan cat with purple eyes".  Cyan?  So I asked him if that was an orange-brown color.  He said no, it's blue-green.  Hmmm.  I had to look it up and apparently I had sienna and cyan mixed up and he was right.  I was so impressed that my son knew a color that I didn't (and a very pretty color at that!) that I had to oblige him. Andy-- here's your cyan cat with purple eyes!


So it seems more blue than green, but I was afraid if I added more yellow to make a greener-blue that it would quickly turn to mud with the purples.  I think I got this color mix just right and retained the brilliance of the watercolors.

No comments:

Post a Comment