Monday, May 28, 2012

The Beginning

For the longest time I have felt blocked creatively and in my art.  Then I came across a gem of a little book titled Steal Like An Artist by Austin Kleon.  This is by far the best book I've read this year, and I'm a voracious reader.  Here is a video to the book trailer.
Steal Like An Artist Book Trailer

This book finally got me going again.  There is so much useful info and inspiration in this book!  One of the things suggested in the book is to get yourself a calendar then put a big, fat X in each day when you've done your work.  The goal is to get a chain of as many boxes filled in a row as you can.  I thought making X's in the boxes would be a bit like counting days in prison, so instead I found some motivational stickers designed to get kids to brush their teeth every night.  I started the project on May 20, 2012.  Here's my calendar so far:

As you can see, I've done 8 days in a row now, but nothing for today yet.  I better get busy with today's painting!  Then I'll show you some of what I've done so far.

1 comment: